How to Donate

There are many ways to donate to the Help Our Students Program:

* directly by cheque

* online by credit card, debit card or PayPal

* by donating shares.

You can specify which school you wish to support or let us use your donation where it’s most needed.

You can make a donation in honour or someone (e.g. your child’s teacher) or in memory of a loved one.  When you choose to make a dedicated donation, we will send a donation card to you or to the address you specify.


Download and print the Donor Form and mail it with your cheque to:

Help Our Students Program

59 Callaway Court

Orleans, ON  K1C 7S4


Click on the Donate Now button.  You will be transferred to the CanadaHelps website, a Canadian registered charity that processes line donations for other Canadian charities.  Once you donate, you will receive your receipt for income tax purposes directly from CanadaHelps.

You may make a one-time donation or a monthly, recurring donation that you may cease at any time.

Please note that CanadaHelps deducts 3.5% of each donation to cover their processing and administrative costs.  Once we receive the remaining 96.5%, all of it is distributed to students.


You can donate shares in Canadian equities.  When you donate shares to a charitable organization, you receive an official receipt for tax purposes for the amount of the sale of the shares and you are exempt from paying tax on any capital gains incurred as a result of the sale.

The sale of the shares is handled by the Education Foundation of the Ottawa-Carletion Board of Education, at no cost to the Help Our Students Program.

For more information on donating shares, click here to visit the Canada Revenue Agency.     © RICHARD LUSSIER 2016